Process Register domains
The Process Register domain type enables you to create domains for:
- Storing your Business Process assets.
- Mapping your Business Process assets to the data consumed and produced by those processes.
Maintaining complete Process Register domains helps organizations to:
- Comply with data transparency requirements.
- Respond to consumer access requests and other consumer rights.
- Manage security and prevent data breaches.
- Manage Service Level Agreements with third parties.
- Leverage investments made to comply with a specific regulation, for other use cases, such as compliance with another data privacy regulation or data catalog use cases.
Process Register domains come with a default view that shows a hierarchy of:
- Business Process assets.
- Data Set assets that are consumed or produced by these assets.
A collaborative hub for developing your assets
Process Register domains also serve as a hub from which to collaborate in the development of your Business Process assets. In every Process Register domain, there are two buttons that enable users to:
- Request input, to help develop the Process Register domain.
- Go to the Business User Interface, a user-friendly interface for working with a Process Register domain.
The Sample Process Register domains
Collibra Data Privacy comes with four packaged sample Process Register domains.
- Sample legal & audit processes
- Sample sales & marketing processes
- Sample information technology processes
- Sample human resources processes
These domains include sample Business Process assets, to give you a head-start in identifying your business processes, their characteristics and related elements. You can edit these assets, move them to other Process Register domains and invite Business Stewards, Data Stewards and Privacy Stewards, to further develop them.